Links to support protests + anti-racism charities:
- https://secure.actblue.com/donate/bail_funds_george_floyd – donate evenly to 70+ bail funds for protestors – getting them out protects them, supports them, and shows they are not alone. 15 million dollars raised so far.
- https://bailproject.org/ – USA charity campaigning generally to free people from the injustice/inequity of bail + the prison system which disportionately affects black people+communities – 100% of donation goes to freeing people.
- https://www.joincampaignzero.org/ – a campaign to end police brutality in the USA.
- www.theredcard.org/fundraise – anti-racism charity that provides training for organisations.
- https://www.stephenlawrence.org.uk/ – UK education + social justice charity
- https://crackmagazine.net/article/long-reads/help-black-lives-matter-protests-donate-organisations/ – list of other links+ways to support; source for the other links.
It’s important to show solidarity, allyship and support for the #BlackLivesMatter movement and everyone who is protesting around the world.
It’s important everyone who can, especially white people (who don’t directly experience it), take time to educate ourselves about the anti-black racism and prejudice engrained in our society (yes the UK too), listen to black activists, and actively challenge the norm of racism.
Question people who think police brutality can be justified, who think blackness is threatening, who think we are beyond racism because they don’t see it. There’s still a lot to do and a long way to go. It’s okay to speak up and change our society.
Thank you – look after yourselves, show solidarity, and keep making progress.